An alternative to YouTube Community Contributions
Amara Community Highlights
As an active user of YouTube’s Community Contributions feature, you’ve been invited to utilize the Amara platform free of charge for 1 year.
- Amara Community is everything you like about YouTube Community Contributions + many features that you and individual contributors have asked for to better serve your Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing viewers.
- Contributor Gates: Creators choose and control which subscribers can become contributors through an invitation and/or application process.
- Quality Control (QC): Optional QC permissions so that edits must be approved by 2 contributors before going live. You can also see previous revisions and recent activity.
- Community Building: Creators and contributors can message each other to work together and learn from each other.
- YouTube Integration: Linking your YouTube channel to Amara allows for easy and automatic import/export of content.
Compare & Get Started
- YouTube is offering 1 free year of basic Amara Community to eligible creators (details here).
- Similar to YouTube Community Contributions, it is your responsibility to find and recruit volunteers from your community to caption and subtitle; our editor platform helps you facilitate production once you begin. If you would like to purchase caption work, you can access our Amara-on-Demand service once logged in to our platform.
|1 year free,
|Team members||25 included||500 included|
|Target languages||5 included||5 included|
|Linked YouTube channels||1||1+|
|Award winning editor||●||●|
|Invitation-only process for allowing subscribers to help||●||●|
|Basic workflow and roles||●||●|
|Advanced workflow/roles and API access||–||●|
|25 additional team members||$4 / month||N/A|
|1 additional target language||$2 / month||N/A|
|Billed in recurring
3 month increments
YouTube Subsidy Details
- Subsidy includes Amara Community subscription for a year which includes 25 seats (you + 24 contributors) and up to 5 languages.
- Additional seats or languages can be purchased separately at any time.
- Upon completion of the 1-year subsidy, you will be billed in 3 month increments.
- You can cancel any time.
- Interested in using your YouTube subsidy toward our Community Enterprise offering? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Start your free year of basic Amara Community: REDEEM NOW.
- Public YouTube videos are a requirement; private videos will not be accessible on the Amara Community subscription.
- Amara Community is a public-facing offering, which means your team name, videos, and contributed captions will be listed publicly and viewable to all Amara Free users.
- If you’d like to explore a private workspace, see our Amara Plus and Professional Enterprise offerings.
- Easily order professional quality captions and translations from Amara On Demand via your Amara Community dashboard.
Prominent Users of Amara Include
Launched in 2010, Amara is a project of the Participatory Culture Foundation (PCF), a 501c3 non-profit organization. PCF is dedicated to creating technologies, services, and communities that ensure a more collaborative, inclusive world.