An alternative to YouTube Community Contributions
Amara Community Highlights
Amara Community is everything you like about YouTube Community Contributions, plus many features that you and individual contributors have asked for to better serve your Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing viewers.
- Contributor Gates: Creators choose and control which subscribers can become contributors through an invitation and/or application process.
- Quality Control (QC): Optional QC permissions so that edits must be approved by 2 contributors before going live. You can also see previous revisions and recent activity.
- Community Building: Creators and contributors can message each other to work together and learn from each other.
- YouTube Integration: Linking your YouTube channel to Amara allows for easy and automatic import/export of content.
Compare & Sign Up
|Team members||25 included||500 included|
|Target languages||5 included||5 included|
|Linked YouTube channels||1||1+|
|Award winning editor||●||●|
|Invitation-only process for allowing subscribers to help||●||●|
|Basic workflow and roles||●||●|
|Advanced workflow/roles and API access||–||●|
|25 additional team members||$4 / month||N/A|
|1 additional target language||$2 / month||N/A|
|Billed in recurring
3 month increments
- Public YouTube videos are a requirement; private videos will not be accessible on the Amara Community subscription.
- Amara Community is a public-facing offering, which means your team name, videos, and contributed captions will be listed publicly and viewable to all Amara Free users.
- If you’d like to explore a private workspace, see our Amara Plus and Professional Enterprise offerings.
- Easily order professional quality captions and translations from Amara On Demand services from your Amara Community dashboard.
Prominent Users of Amara Include
Launched in 2010, Amara is a project of the Participatory Culture Foundation (PCF), a 501c3 non-profit organization. PCF is dedicated to creating technologies, services, and communities that ensure a more collaborative, inclusive world.