We’re working on a fresh release of Universal Subtitles right now and we need help with testing. You don’t need to know anything about programming to get involved!
As a non-profit and collaborative project we wholly depend on volunteers at every stage of the process. We already have a fantastic core group of testers, but in order to really get the ball rolling and develop Universal Subtitles to its full potential the project needs more participants. And the best thing is that you don’t need to be a genius programmer to get involved! Indeed, most of our testing scenarios can be executed from the comfort of your own browser and they do not involve much more than a few clicks.
For instance, here is a very easy yet very useful test to execute:
- Go to litmus.pculture.org and sign in or create an account if you don’t already have one.
- Select the recommended test run for Universal Subtitles
- Specify your Browser / OS configuration and start running tests from the groups that are listed.
- For each test that you run, please mark it pass / fail / unclear. Don’t worry if you can’t run all the tests.
- If you encounter an error, please file a bug and provide the bug number in the results and a quick description in the comment.
You can find more information about this test and others on this page, and anyone interested in helping us out should join our dedicated google group.
Comment on “Get involved and help us make Universal Subtitles better!”