Marketing videos have skyrocketed in the last few years, and rightly so. People consume video content more than before. For marketing and advertising companies, using captions and subtitles for in-house videos or for client videos could bring in more customers and reach new markets. More importantly, it helps everyone get with the times: today accessibility and inclusion play a pivotal role in choosing who to work with.
Marketing videos with captions increase engagement
Accessibility brings in potential clients
Subtitles for videos improve search rankings
1. Marketing videos with captions increase engagement
People choose to watch videos with captions due to them being easier to understand. Moreover, according to Verizon Media:
- 85% of videos are watched on mute when in public;
- 25% are watched on mute even when in private;
- 80% of people will watch the video till the end when captions are available;
- 50% of people say captions are always important because they prefer to watch the videos on mute.
Captions and subtitles add one more element for people to connect with when watching marketing videos. Captions keep people’s focus and attention, thus making it easier for them to comprehend and retain the information provided. As a result, people enjoy the videos more, which leads to more interest for the products presented.
2. Accessibility brings in potential clients
Expand accessibility of marketing videos
According to the World Health Organization, 466 million people around the world are deaf or hard of hearing, and about 40% of the population is neurodiverse. Ensuring that marketing and client videos have captions makes them accessible to a greater number of consumers. Accessibility is important due to both – being an inclusive agency and following the laws on accessibility across different countries.
Non-native speakers and wider audience
Adding subtitles in multiple languages increases reach and viewership. Addressing potential clients in their own language boosts engagement and selling power. According to CSA Research:
- 76% of people online prefer to buy products and services that have information in their own native language;
- 56.2% of people said that the possibility to have information in their native language is more important to them than price;
- 42% said they never buy products and services in other languages.
Captioning and subtitling videos for client products is a cost-effective way to engage people across the globe and enter new markets.
3. Subtitles for videos improve search rankings
When people watch videos till the end, it helps improve the ranking on Google and other search engines. Also, Google indexes captions and subtitles, so adding them to client videos secures a better positioning. Getting a better ranking increases chances for videos to be watched and engaged with by a greater number of potential customers.
Videos are searchable
As mentioned above, adding captions and subtitles to videos helps Google and other search engines read and identify them, thus making them searchable to potential consumers. Easier searchable videos increase organic reach and viewership.
Optimize any video marketing strategy with Amara
Amara offers a few solutions to optimize a video marketing strategy. Along with a multi-award winning captioning and subtitling editor, Amara also provides a team management platform where teams can set up and manage translating projects from start to finish.
Some of the advantageous features Amara paid plans offer:
- Premium features for the captioning and subtitling editor, such as waveform and playback speed.
- Integration with YouTube or Vimeo private or public channels.
- Set amount or unlimited videos and languages a video can be translated into.
- Workflow features, such as Review and Approval.
- Order or self-order of English automatic captions.
- Order or self-order of professional subtitles from Amara on Demand expert translation team.
- Various plans and teams to choose from, such as Amara Plus, Amara Community, Amara Enterprise, Amara Integrated.
Signing up for an Amara Team provides a cost-effective way to caption and subtitle marketing and client videos. Marketing and advertising agencies can use Amara’s solutions to provide an upgraded service to clients across the globe.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to talk more about how to optimize a video marketing strategy with Amara!