Amara’s new transcript viewer
Today we started using our new transcript viewer on every video embed on our site. The new embedder boasts a sleak design as it displays the searchable transcript. You can click on any phrase to jump to that place in the video, easily switch back and forth between languages, and follow along as the text progresses.
Finally, the new embedder supports both video and audio files, so we now have video page playback support for mp3 and ogg audio as well.
We’re so happy to have the embedder on our website. If you’d like to try the new embedder to promote captioning and translation of your videos, the embed code is greatly simplified. You’ll find it in the usual spot on the video page or in the embed code usage guide. There’s a ton of changes in this release to production. Here’s the complete list.
- #1529 Replace widget with new embedder
- #1585 New embedder does not work on Internet Explorer
- #1566 update loading gif for embedder
- #1563 Keep thumbnails in youtube videos
- #1560 Duplicate / in URL in embedder that causes issues on production
- #1545 Display only one video in diffing page
- #1542 embedder menu when there are no subtitles
- #1535 Update the embed code on amara web site
- #1533 embed controls display html5
- #1531 embedded video doesn’t display if switching tabs
- #587 MP3 upload is not working
- #628 embed MP3 file empty subtitles
- #678 Layout, timing issue with MP3 audio
- #1490 Start using the new embedder on amara pages
- #548 Editor: gracefully process video formats incompatible with the browser
- #1525 Deal better with videos on https
- #1414 Teams: blacklisted languages should not be available for selection from the list
- #1540 Change ‘Tartar’ language to ‘Tatar’
- #1539 Deleting a video from the site, deletes the billing record